Pulling Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pulling Nation

Pulling Nation! is a forum in wich we talk about LT, LGT or GT Pulls. Come talk about your pullers and ones we have seen.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What gear you used start out.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ram Tough
PN Member
Ram Tough

What gear you used start out. Empty
PostSubject: What gear you used start out.   What gear you used start out. Icon_minitime10/4/2010, 9:59 pm

I'am new getting in pulling, like know if start out 1st. gear than shift up to second gear keep moving on or start out in second gear.. When starting out to pull give gas 1/2 ways or full gas take off. Any help be welcome. Thanks.I'am running 3 speed cub cadet.
Back to top Go down
rustyrideon68
Admin
rustyrideon68

PostSubject: Re: What gear you used start out.   What gear you used start out. Icon_minitime10/4/2010, 11:45 pm

Hi Ram Tough welcome to pulling nation im new also. im sure some one will be here with the right answer.
Back to top Go down
searstractorfan
PN Member
searstractorfan

PostSubject: Re: What gear you used start out.   What gear you used start out. Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 8:48 pm

What kinda cub you got??? ALL our clubs around me say we MUST stay in 1 gear, NO SHIFTING.......depending on the HP you got depends if you can use 1st or 2nd..AND to what second gear ur cub has depens if you can use it!!
Back to top Go down
Ram Tough
PN Member
Ram Tough

PostSubject: Re: What gear you used start out.   What gear you used start out. Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 9:25 pm

searstractorfan wrote:
What kinda cub you got??? ALL our clubs around me say we MUST stay in 1 gear, NO SHIFTING.......depending on the HP you got depends if you can use 1st or 2nd..AND to what second gear ur cub has depens if you can use it!!

Thank You for reply back..
I have a Cub Cadet 126, 12hp...3 speed standared.
Put weight in box under seat--put bar under front back wheels put weight on.
Should put any weight on front of tractor. Will be Running stock class
950 and if do good will try 1ooo pound class. Any help i surely thank you for it.
Back to top Go down
searstractorfan
PN Member
searstractorfan

PostSubject: Re: What gear you used start out.   What gear you used start out. Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 4:59 pm

depending on how good your motor is, wiht 23X10.5X12 tires, you can prolly run 2nd....the 126 I think came standard with the high geared 2nd gear...it MIGHT have the slightly slower but I doubt it...try 2nd and see how she does, if its to fast let me know I know where to get gears to regear that thing for about $120......
Back to top Go down
Ram Tough
PN Member
Ram Tough

PostSubject: gears   What gear you used start out. Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 9:18 pm

Thanks You !!! I be interested about Gears. Your welcome send me any imformation how set gears up and what will work for me set tractor up to pull.E.mail dancing_sunset@yahoo.com-- or send mail to me on hear, were get gears so on.
Thanks being a great friend on *Pulling Nation* willing help a person out with great imformation and taking your time to this.
Back to top Go down
searstractorfan
PN Member
searstractorfan

PostSubject: Re: What gear you used start out.   What gear you used start out. Icon_minitime11/6/2010, 9:28 am

A company called true gear and spline in Canada makes the gears for these at the best price.....Here in the states their dealers are Nichols Performance, Lakota racing and Vogel Manufacturing....They sell them for $120 a set...Our Midwest Super Cub makes the best set of gears but they cost about $160....you also need a front spacer changed in your tranny when you do the swap or you need to have your machined down...Your stock cub gears are if you have the high second gear are 13tooth 1st gear, 19tooth second(it can be 16 or 17) and a 26tooth 3rd gear...I got a friend of mine that swapped 2nd and 3rd to 19, 21....i got 2 cubs with 21, 23 for 2nd and 3rd...for you, you prolly wanna be around 16,18if your motor is a strong runner...if its not then about 14-16...when your ready to order gears call and tell the comapy what you got and how it runs, and they will suggest a set of gears for you....
Back to top Go down
Ram Tough
PN Member
Ram Tough

PostSubject: *Gears *   What gear you used start out. Icon_minitime11/6/2010, 7:04 pm

I'AM sure glade i sign up came on hear !!!
*Pulling Nation*
I found a wonderfull~~FRIEND ~~
willing help some one out getting
them started in tractor pulling.
Thanks you very much.
**Ram Tought**

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What gear you used start out.   What gear you used start out. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What gear you used start out.
Page 1 of 1