Pulling Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pulling Nation

Pulling Nation! is a forum in wich we talk about LT, LGT or GT Pulls. Come talk about your pullers and ones we have seen.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Building a MF10 for pulling.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DoubleClutch
PN Member
DoubleClutch

Building a MF10 for pulling. Empty
PostSubject: Building a MF10 for pulling.   Building a MF10 for pulling. Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 9:53 am

Ok this is my first post here on Pulling Nation and hope its ok.
I have a MF 10 Gt that I am building as a pulling tractor and have replaced the engine with a Kolher K301 12hp. Do you all think it would be a good tractor to pull with? The only thing I am wondering about is the rear end will it hold up to pulling. I have seen a couple videos of them pulling and they look like they would do good but I dont know much about these tractors. Any help on this would be good1 Thanks
Back to top Go down
rustyrideon68
Admin
rustyrideon68

PostSubject: Re: Building a MF10 for pulling.   Building a MF10 for pulling. Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 7:24 pm

sounds good to me and welcome to pullingnation. and i think it should hold out ok. do you have any pics of the tractor?
Back to top Go down
DoubleClutch
PN Member
DoubleClutch

PostSubject: Re: Building a MF10 for pulling.   Building a MF10 for pulling. Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 7:31 pm

Well I pulled the 10hp engine today and droped in the Kohler 12hp. I have to make a little room where the starter is hitting the bracket where the battery tray is bolted to. I will also have to get a longer belt cause the engine sets a little ferther forword but no big deal. Got the tractor wired but still have to wire the kill switch in. Got a few things to get before I can take it to a pull but it will be a challenge.
Heres what I am looking for.
Set of suitcase weights.
Set of lug tires and rims. 5 bolt
Exhaust stack for Kohler.
I will be posting pic's soon.
Back to top Go down
nick130
Admin
nick130

PostSubject: Re: Building a MF10 for pulling.   Building a MF10 for pulling. Icon_minitime8/23/2010, 7:48 am

you should be happy with that 12hp kohler that is a strong engine. i think you shouldnt have any problems with the tractor either
Back to top Go down
DoubleClutch
PN Member
DoubleClutch

PostSubject: Re: Building a MF10 for pulling.   Building a MF10 for pulling. Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 7:57 am

The only thing i am conserned about is the rear end. Will it hold up to pulling? I have talked to a few friends and they dont know about these rear ends. I may have gotten hold of someone from another forum that has the same tractor and pulls it and he did some mods but I havent heard back from him yet.
I have 2 kohler k301 engines and one is going in the tractor and the other I will rebuild and mod over the winter. I have plans on boring it 30 over, steel crank shaft, 18hp cam, bigger valves, Lp head, #30 carb. I will put this in the Massy for next years pulling season.
Back to top Go down
rustyrideon68
Admin
rustyrideon68

PostSubject: Re: Building a MF10 for pulling.   Building a MF10 for pulling. Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 12:45 am

sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
nick130
Admin
nick130

PostSubject: Re: Building a MF10 for pulling.   Building a MF10 for pulling. Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 7:40 am

i think the axle will hold up but i dont know much about them but knowing masseys it should hold up. keep us updated on the engine rebuild
Back to top Go down
paul52446m
PN Member
paul52446m

PostSubject: Re: Building a MF10 for pulling.   Building a MF10 for pulling. Icon_minitime9/6/2010, 9:17 pm

DoubleClutch wrote:
Ok this is my first post here on Pulling Nation and hope its ok.
I have a MF 10 Gt that I am building as a pulling tractor and have replaced the engine with a Kolher K301 12hp. Do you all think it would be a good tractor to pull with? The only thing I am wondering about is the rear end will it hold up to pulling. I have seen a couple videos of them pulling and they look like they would do good but I dont know much about these tractors. Any help on this would be good1 Thanks
I have a MF12 that i was thinking of making a stock
puller. I have used it for many years to plow snow. A few years ago i noticed that the axle spline and hub were getting a little worn so i drilled through both and put a 5/16 hardened bolt through it. It has
held up good. My son-in-law wants to make it into a puller know. Later Paul
Back to top Go down
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Northmigardentractorpullers
rustyrideon68
Admin
rustyrideon68

PostSubject: Re: Building a MF10 for pulling.   Building a MF10 for pulling. Icon_minitime10/3/2010, 2:50 am

its good to see he wants to make it a puller.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a MF10 for pulling.   Building a MF10 for pulling. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building a MF10 for pulling.
Page 1 of 1