Pulling Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pulling Nation

Pulling Nation! is a forum in wich we talk about LT, LGT or GT Pulls. Come talk about your pullers and ones we have seen.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings from Texas !

Go down 
+3
DeereHunter82
frogbreeder1
Texas TRex
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Texas TRex
Admin
Texas TRex

Greetings from Texas ! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 9:14 pm

greetings Pulling Nation....thought I'd stop in and say 'howdy'. We currently pull in a Youth Class with the LSGTPA, using this 1972 SS...

Greetings from Texas ! Bonhamjulypull001

...its our first year to pull, so looking forward to any tips and tricks to help us not look so bad Smile

Back to top Go down
frogbreeder1
Admin
frogbreeder1

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime8/2/2010, 1:23 pm

wow nice ride! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://pullingnation.forumotion.com
DeereHunter82
Admin
DeereHunter82

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime8/2/2010, 3:50 pm

Thats a real nice looking puller. Looks like you shrunk a full size super stock alcohol burner.
Back to top Go down
rustyrideon68
Admin
rustyrideon68

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 2:21 am

thats an awsome machine you should be proud
Back to top Go down
frogbreeder1
Admin
frogbreeder1

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 10:01 am

It looks as it is a good puller, I would put winsheild washer, or anti-freeze in the tires, and some more front weight! cheers Very nice!!! lol! afro geek king
Back to top Go down
nick130
Admin
nick130

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 5:02 pm

thats looks like an impressive machine looks like you can have fun with it good luck in future pulls with it
Back to top Go down
frogbreeder1
Admin
frogbreeder1

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 5:27 pm

From the look of that pull looks like you need more weight in the front end.
Back to top Go down
searstractorfan
PN Member
searstractorfan

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 8:07 pm

Oh man thats how my SS16 pulled that we had built....it pulled the best with the front end up and riding on the wheelie bars, YES its not the way its "supposed" to be done, but thats how I could get it to hook up....Windsheild washer fluid is ok, but you want moveable weight..if its in the tires you CANT move it then if the front or back is to heavy....
Back to top Go down
Texas TRex
Admin
Texas TRex

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 11:12 pm

thanks for the kind words ! We are new to pulling, so reading the track and adjusting the weights has been a bit of a learning curve. The majority of the time, the front end comes up right at the initial launch and then up again at the end of the pull. The times we kept the front down, the tires spun way too much and way too early. I think we're getting closer to being more consistent....I know its been a ton of fun so far, so we'll keep diggin' !!
Back to top Go down
rustyrideon68
Admin
rustyrideon68

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime8/4/2010, 1:12 am

does anyone know of pulling compotitions or orginization in southern california or arizona. i think i need to find some people and start one i dont think there are any down here.
Back to top Go down
frogbreeder1
Admin
frogbreeder1

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 12:55 am

Google it?
Back to top Go down
Texas TRex
Admin
Texas TRex

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 9:13 pm

rustyrideon68 wrote:
does anyone know of pulling compotitions or orginization in southern california or arizona. i think i need to find some people and start one i dont think there are any down here.

I know there are some 'big tractor' pulls out that way, but not sure of specifics of classes...sometimes the smaller events are harder to find out about. Keep searching on the net/forums...I'm sure you'll find some leads or people in your area that might want to start a group....if not, find some dirt, a chain, and some dead weight...and start pulling. Whats that saying...'build it and they will come'. Smile
Back to top Go down
rustyrideon68
Admin
rustyrideon68

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime8/14/2010, 12:44 am

sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
rustyrideon68
Admin
rustyrideon68

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime9/30/2010, 9:14 pm

does anyone on here live down in socal, arizona
Back to top Go down
Ram Tough
PN Member
Ram Tough

PostSubject: Ram Tough   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 10:29 pm

The driver looks *Fantastic* handling that tractor. You came to the right place ask questions, They gave me help on hear and Am very happy i join this sight.
Back to top Go down
Texas TRex
Admin
Texas TRex

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime12/31/2010, 3:44 am

We'll, the rookie finished with a pretty good season for 2010. He collected some hardware without breaking anything !!!

Greetings from Texas ! Karaten4wheeler038

We've got a few changes to make over the winter, and hope to be more of a threat to the leaders in 2011. Good luck to all you guys in your 2011 endeavors !!
Back to top Go down
rustyrideon68
Admin
rustyrideon68

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime2/20/2011, 11:04 pm

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas !   Greetings from Texas ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Texas !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pulling Nation :: Brands :: Sears Suburban-
Jump to: